News Jon Anik Breaks Record For Most Called PPV Events in UFC History

whoopie.

i wonder if hes moist about it.
Maybe he can tell us whose lactating on the next card.

whoopie.

i wonder if hes moist about it.
Maybe he can tell us whose lactating on the next card.

HHJ with the hate post.

damn, already?? remember when he first joined people didn't like him, but i've gotten used to it. rarely makes a mistake.

miss goldie though.

Probably. Joe only does numbered events the past several years and not even all of those anymore. Before that UFC at most ran 2 cards per month. A PPV and a fight night.

Anik has called a lot of the fights since UFC became nearly weekly and was around awhile before then as well.

Exactly this. Joe wasn't a commentator until 2002, and stopped doing non-PPVs sometime believe 2018 (according the the best research I can do in five minutes). Anik, on the other hand, began commentating at the start of 2012 and moved to full-time in 2017.

When Rogan started, there was at most one event per month, and many times there were none at all. By the time Anik was on every card, three cards a month was the minimum, with some months having as many as five. July 2016 by itself had more fights (6) than had happened in all of 2004 (5). And when a given month these days has three fight nights and a PPV, and one person does them all and the other only does one, eventually the more active guy is going to pull ahead.

For the record, that's Dave Sholler in the middle, not Jon Anik.

For the record, that's Dave Sholler in the middle, not Jon Anik.
Yeah, I know. That Sholler and Anik look alike was the butt of some running jokes on here a while back, so I was just trying to keep that "humor" alive. That I got several Likes for my post suggests that there are still some people who get the joke.

He’s good. A tad annoying but he does a good job overall and I’m a regular listener of his podcast with Ken Flo.

Anik is the GOAT commentator imo - way more factual and composed compared to other commentators like Joe Rogan who go into podcast mode and tell you about how Adesanya is beating Jan with the power of feints, and never shut up about the magic of the steel cup

He does read off a lot of annoying ad blurbs but that's the UFC forcing him to do it

Back