Is Randy Johnson the greatest pitcher ever?

This. Randy was easily the scariest bc of what you mentioned. Huge southpaw with serious control issues at the beginning of his career. He would lose his control and just nail you with a 102 fast ball.

Nolan with scary good but if I recall he had good control. You were pretty sure he wasn’t gong to accidentally hit you.
Ryan is the all time leader in walks and wild pitches

Ryan is the all time leader in walks and wild pitches
This was already addressed. He's the leader in a lot of stats, simply because he played so much longer than most other pitchers. By itself, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. That's why they have stats such as WHIP.

This was already addressed. He's the leader in a lot of stats, simply because he played so much longer than most other pitchers. By itself, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. That's why they have stats such as WHIP.
Do his wild pitches per game and walks per game side by side with Randy J and get back to me

Do his wild pitches per game and walks per game side by side with Randy J and get back to me
You seem to have an argument going on in your own mind.

You seem to have an argument going on in your own mind.
I just know the pitchers. Nobody wanted to take a Ryan express to the body. He brushed guys back by going high inside, but he was effectively wild, so they knew a lot of those might not be a brush back, they might hurt like hell. His pitches could kill.

RJ was wilder when he was younger, but Ryan was effectively wild his entire career.

The pitcher I wish I could see in prime always been Bob Gibson. He never gets credit he's due......... he forced them to chsnge the pitching mound because it just wasn't fair. Yeah Walter has greatest stats, Koufax had the greatest form an likely best Pitcher ever granted his prime was 5 years then he retires at 30 due to injury. But if I had to chose 1 pitcher for 1 game all time....... it's Bob Gibson

Back