Multiplatform BALDUR'S GATE III

But after killing Gortash there was a huge highpoint of the entire game, in both playthroughs so far... Karlach's outpouring of emotion was one of the absolute best scenes in any game in a very very long while. There's been alot of criticism about her character being 'undercooked' due to being the last added and the fewest variations to her endings... but they knocked that scene out of the park in the wariting, VO, and facial animations. Bravo to Larian.

Looking forward to playing more very soon, and really enjoying the other sidequest storylines I'm either doing with the alternate choices.

Already considering what I'm going to do in my 3rd playthrough.

Yea I didn't really Karlachs story line but her interactions with Gortash were the highpoint. Overall Shadowheart still has the best story in the game to me.

Got a question for those who've played the game as or with Gale. How's his side-quest throughout the game?

In my 1st playthrough, he was never a part of my main squad, even before he tried seducing me... I know basically everyone is bisexual but its odd that I'm talking to him like a friend, at best, and the next thing is he's scooting up next to me while sitting in the grass... after that he's peemanently stationed in my camp.

In my 2nd playthrough... the 1st Dark Urge decision I made was cutting off Gale's hand.. and hoped I'd encounter Gale later, and could ask him what happened to his hand... and then show his rotting hand to him because I've been carrying it around in my inventory... because it smells good.

So I'm roughly 25% through Act 3 of my 2nd playthrough, and I'm curious if should play as a wizard... OR play as Gale... in my 3rd playthrough, and that would be a way I wouldn't have to hear Gale's VO... because in every major RPG cast its fine for one character to rub you the wrong way... but I'm considering giving Gale a 2nd chance.

Thoughts?

And currently my Female Tiefling Dark Urge character is in a relationship with Lei'zel.

So no, I'm not homophobic.

In my playthrough were I had Gale sacrifice himself to destroy the elder brain I had him with me most of the game. In my first playthrough I didn't really like Gale as well at first, but he grew on me by the end like almost every character. The playthrough were I had him in my party most of the time made me really love his character and the epilogue party with his projection was such a big gut punch. I hear it's even more heart shattering when you romance him.

Got a question for those who've played the game as or with Gale. How's his side-quest throughout the game?

In my 1st playthrough, he was never a part of my main squad, even before he tried seducing me... I know basically everyone is bisexual but its odd that I'm talking to him like a friend, at best, and the next thing is he's scooting up next to me while sitting in the grass... after that he's peemanently stationed in my camp.

In my 2nd playthrough... the 1st Dark Urge decision I made was cutting off Gale's hand.. and hoped I'd encounter Gale later, and could ask him what happened to his hand... and then show his rotting hand to him because I've been carrying it around in my inventory... because it smells good.

So I'm roughly 25% through Act 3 of my 2nd playthrough, and I'm curious if should play as a wizard... OR play as Gale... in my 3rd playthrough, and that would be a way I wouldn't have to hear Gale's VO... because in every major RPG cast its fine for one character to rub you the wrong way... but I'm considering giving Gale a 2nd chance.

Thoughts?

And currently my Female Tiefling Dark Urge character is in a relationship with Lei'zel.

So no, I'm not homophobic.

It's ok very similar to the rest of the cast in that it's just ok. Better than Karlachs but not much. Shadowhearts is the only real standout from what I saw but I only have one playthrough.

Checkin in to say in my initial impressions after my 1st playthrough on 'explorer/easy' difficulty I said "This is the toughest 'easy difficulty' I've ever played."

I figured out why... because I completely skipped the Underdark, which would have leveled me up twice or two and a half times, and that's why Act 2 was very tough as well as most of Act 3... which I just barely hit Level 12 right before the finale.

Oh, and those strength potions? Its like a form of a cheat code to increase your weapon damage significantly. There's a few traders that respawn a new potion everytime one of your characters level up. I'm sure most of you know that but I was clueless throughout my 1st playthrough and figured it out by accident in my 2nd. Now my squad permently has 21 strength because I have 30 of those potions in my camp storage. I hook my Monk/Rogue up with the potions that give 27 strength. They're more rare.

But also, I'm not going to lie, the steep learning curve of the game, along with me winging it on my first playthrough (not really having a plan/guide) it made the easiest difficulty fucking tough.

In my first playthrough Raphael was tough AF, and it took numerous attempts to kill all of the other enemies around him and then widdle down those 666 hit points... took me like 2 hours of attempts. But in my 2nd playthrough on 'Medium' it was an easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy on my first attempt.

Main reason, besides the strength potions, is because of having planned out builds for my entire squad, rather than falling in love with Warlocks. Monks are OP AF to the point I'm strongly considering having 2 monks in my squad for my 'Hard/Tactician' difficulty playthrough. They chew up everything they can get their hands on (literally) to the point it feels like cheating.
My Level 12 Monk/Rogue basically soloed Raphael within a few rounds.

Edit - Also, forgot to mention - That trick about leveling up to get potions also works to get far far more bombs for the bomb-bag trick, which effectively is a cheat to get past every boss in the entire game.

Only boss I didn't bother to skip after the Act 2 final boss using bomb bags was Raphael.

Last edited:
My first playthrough the only ‘extra’ potions I used were invisibility and speaking to animals. Some of the animals say some funny shit.

Will have to use stat potions next time.. I have a whole ass apothecary in my chest at camp.

Checkin in to say in my initial impressions after my 1st playthrough on 'explorer/easy' difficulty I said "This is the toughest 'easy difficulty' I've ever played."

I figured out why... because I completely skipped the Underdark, which would have leveled me up twice or two and a half times, and that's why Act 2 was very tough as well as most of Act 3... which I just barely hit Level 12 right before the finale.

Oh, and those strength potions? Its like a form of a cheat code to increase your weapon damage significantly. There's a few traders that respawn a new potion everytime one of your characters level up. I'm sure most of you know that but I was clueless throughout my 1st playthrough and figured it out by accident in my 2nd. Now my squad permently has 21 strength because I have 30 of those potions in my camp storage. I hook my Monk/Rogue up with the potions that give 27 strength. They're more rare.

But also, I'm not going to lie, the steep learning curve of the game, along with me winging it on my first playthrough (not really having a plan/guide) it made the easiest difficulty fucking tough.

In my first playthrough Raphael was tough AF, and it took numerous attempts to kill all of the other enemies around him and then widdle down those 666 hit points... took me like 2 hours of attempts. But in my 2nd playthrough on 'Medium' it was an easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy on my first attempt.

Main reason, besides the strength potions, is because of having planned out builds for my entire squad, rather than falling in love with Warlocks. Monks are OP AF to the point I'm strongly considering having 2 monks in my squad for my 'Hard/Tactician' difficulty playthrough. They chew up everything they can get their hands on (literally) to the point it feels like cheating.
My Level 12 Monk/Rogue basically soloed Raphael within a few rounds.

Edit - Also, forgot to mention - That trick about leveling up to get potions also works to get far far more bombs for the bomb-bag trick, which effectively is a cheat to get past every boss in the entire game.

Only boss I didn't bother to skip after the Act 2 final boss using bomb bags was Raphael.

I never got to fight Raphael in the game. Didn't even know you could until I finished the game.

Back